What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. It enables the site to remember your actions and preferences (such as language) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you’re visiting. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
Before we place cookies on your devices, we ask for your consent. Cookies required for ensuring functionality and settings may, however, be applied without your consent.
The types of first-party cookie we use are to:
- Store visitor preferences
- Make our websites operational
- Gather analytics data (about user behaviour)
|Name||Service||Purpose||Type and Duration|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users||24 hours|
|_dc_gtm_UA-xxxxxxxx-x||Google||Used by Google Tag Manager to support Google Analytics on the site||1 minute|
|ucgid||TRIMIT||Unique id maintained across sessions||30 days|
|bid||TRIMIT||Last authenticated user id||1 year|
|ses||TRIMIT||Session identification||1 year|
|stats||TRIMIT||Statistics for visits||1 year|
|plt or plt-admin||TRIMIT||Remembers login for admin users||1 year|
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube.
Third-party providers on our website:
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
For details about how to delete and manage cookies, please see aboutcookies.org.